Thursday, September 29, 2011

"I'd like some fresh, clear, well seasoned perspective."

 The other day one of my clients said "I had to laugh when I read your post about how mad you were at your husband for spilling coffee on the sofa...wait until you have children." That certainly put things into perspective for me. Last night as I was cooking, I heard the Mr. yelling from the living room and my first thought was "Oh dear God in heaven, what did you spill on the sofa now?!?" When I raced into the living room there was no spill, just water leaking through a crack in our ceiling. Oh well, it's only water right? Me complaining about the coffee stain on my sofa is like a skinny girl who complains about being fat, so annoying, especially if you have a chair in your living room with your sons's name sharpied on the side. From now on I am going to try to remember it could always be much worse. (Thank goodness the Mr. does not read my blog, I wouldn't want him to think he can eat and drink and spill whatever on the sofa just because I am going to be more calm and laid back )

via 

Messy kids, and muddy puppy dogs are okay in my book but no matter how cool and laid back I think I am, I will never be the cool Mom who lets her kids color all over the living room furniture. Although it is very Anthropologie looking don't you think?

via

via 

On a side note, I wanted to thank all of you who emailed me with tips on how to get the stains out. I tried everything, even Folex. What finally got the stains out (for the most part) was Hydrogen Peroxide. I wouldn't try it on a navy sofa obviously, but it worked perfectly on my linen sofa, so thank you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment