Thursday, August 9, 2012

Glen Acres

Growing up every summer our family would spend two weeks in Massachusetts at my Grandmother and Great Aunt's Summer house in the Berkshires. The home has been in our family since the early 1900's and up until this summer not much has changed. My parents have been working hard throwing away old rugs and furniture (which were purchased second hand in the 30's, no joke ) they bought a few kitchen cabinets from Home Depot, a new countertop from Ikea, and two new seagrass rugs should arrive for the living room today. It is still a work in progress, but I am so excited for the Mr. and Hank to see where I spent my summers as a child. 



My Grandfather holding my Dad in our pond in the back yard. It's a natural spring fed pond which used to be 10ft deep, but the damn cracked 30 years ago so it's only deep enough for the pups to swim in now. 


Keeping the family tradition, here I am with my brother and cousins by the pond. 
I hope one day it gets fixed so the Mr. and I can take pictures of our kids swimming in it.




I'll have pictures of the inside of the house and all its rustic charm when I get back!  




No comments:

Post a Comment