Monday, June 27, 2011

It's Personal

Artwork, much like fabric and wallpaper, is very personal. Sometimes I see the most beautiful fabric and I imagine a million ways to use it, but I would not have it in my own home. I will have client's tell me stories behind their artwork and how much they love one particular painting yet I feel nothing when I look at it. It's not that I don't think the painting is beautiful or worthy of the being above the mantle, but different people are drawn to different styles, colors, and textures. This colorful painting is my new obsession, it was a wedding present from a sweet client of mine who found it in Sri Lanka. Some might see this painting and think there is nothing special about it, I look at the painting and it makes my heart sing. 





Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment