Thursday, March 29, 2012

Designer Drapes

As a designer there are certain decorating details that drive me crazy. What people do in their own homes is their own business, but when I see pictures of drapes that stop 2 inches from the floor or the rod is mounted directly on the window trim, I want to snap a magic wand and fix it. The same goes for poll pocket drapes... just because you can put the drapes over the poll doesn't make it right. Never mind the fact that it reminds me of a hair schrungie, it's completely impractical if you actually want to open and close the drapes on a regular basis. For the love, even if you have to fake it, always hang your drapes on rings people! 

not cool

rings make all the difference


One of my favorite living rooms my Mom decorated. 


 These  drapes are from Z Gallerie, we added pleats to dress them up and stuck hooks in the back.


The finished look for my living room drapes...


What they look like from behind, all it takes is drapery hooks! 





No comments:

Post a Comment