Monday, September 10, 2012

Highclere Castle




A few client's of mine mentioned to me ages ago that I should start watching Downton Abbey, if not for the story line but for the interior design. I don't know what the hell is wrong with me and why I didn't listen to them until recently, but I'm officially obsessed! The house, the grounds, the interior, and the clothes! A-ma-zing. I just finished watching the season finale of the second season and I don't know what I am going to do with myself until January when the show returns for season three. Highclere Castle is breathtaking. I can't imagine what the monthly maintenance costs would be on a property like that, but all the more reason to rent the place out for filming. The Earl and Countess of Carnarvon not only let Downton Abbey film at the estate, but they rent out parts of the Castle for weddings. Could you imagine getting married here, or better yet, living here?! 






























PS Why can't more shows be as entertaining as this?


images via here and here and here




No comments:

Post a Comment